Do you want safer roads for all of our residents?
If you do then please sign our attached petition to City of York Council
Did you know:-
- City of York Council continually ignore the views of the Parish Council (PC) and Residents of Strensall in respect of Road Safety.
- £23,000 of our money was recently spent to install dropped kerbs along York Road despite our objections, these drops may make it easier to cross BUT NOT SAFER. This same amount of money would have paid for a Zebra Crossing which CYC have so far refused to install as no one has been killed or seriously injured crossing our roads.
- Our poulation is larger than that of Malton.
- We do not have any Pedestrian Crossings
- We have in excess of 2 Million vehicles every year passing through our village.
- Over 70% of vehicle users do not live in Strensall and use it as a through route.
- We are a short cut for traffic avoiding the Hop Grove / A64 roundabout.
- 15% of the vehicles passing through exceed the 30 mph speed limit
- There is 1 vehicle every 5 seconds at peak times and it takes 15 seconds to cross the road at walking pace.
In 2015 The Parish Council (PC) prepared a detailled report containing all of the vehicle movement statistics with proposed road safety improvements which was submitted to City of York Council. The report identified 25 risk reduction measures for safety improvements at the following locations:-
- West End, Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy.
- Junction of West End with York Road.
- Junction of Princess Road / Southfields / York Road.
- Junction of The Village with Sheriff Hutton Road.
- Junction of Barley Rise North with York Road.
- Junction of Middlecraft Drive with York Road.
- Junction of Southfields Road with The Village.
- Section of Roadway from The Six Bells roundabout to Flaxton Road.
All of our road safety improvements have so far been ignored and alternate money wasting schemes either implemented of suggested. Some of which were based upon CYC Engineer’s demostrably flawed analysis.
If you would like more information on the PC report please contact the PC Clerk on 01904 491569, or call at the Village Hall office (09.30 -12.30 Monday, Wednesday and Friday)